Should i buy a camera and ended up paying debt?

Should i buy a camera and ended up paying debt? Topic: Best buy case study
July 22, 2019 / By Glenda
Question: I need to buy a 700 dollars camera, but i dont have extra money for that right now. What i can do is to pay with my credit card and ended up in debt. I will travelling in this Dec thats why i need a good camera with me, but i already have a DC powershot. This put myself in dilemma.
Best Answer

Best Answers: Should i buy a camera and ended up paying debt?

Dervla Dervla | 9 days ago
there are alot of good cameras for alot less than 700 dollars STORY TIME My old hound (Elvis the 2nd), would give his life to protect me. Would your $1000 dog (with papers) do the same ? I think not ! My dog has papers - he loves to go to the bathroom on them. The point is - will a $1000 camera make better pictures than my $100 camera - maybe... if you learn how to use it. Many of you ask about what camera to buy. I am glad that you trust me in spending your money. I can only suggest about cameras that I have used or I read about. There is no best camera or brand. Maybe Dr. Sam likes Nikon and I like Canon. Is his Nikon D200 better than my Canon a570? In his case it is - he learned how to use it and studied the art of photography. Many of you ask us how to operate your Nikon D40 or Canon XTi. You have to read and practice to learn this yourself. First, read the manual several times, then start reading articles on photography. Yes, we will help you, but the choice is yours because you are making an educated choice. So, when you want to spend $1200 because you think the camera will take good pictures itself - think again.
👍 126 | 👎 9
Did you like the answer? Should i buy a camera and ended up paying debt? Share with your friends

We found more questions related to the topic: Best buy case study

Dervla Originally Answered: Can they do this?! I agreed to pay $300 a month to a debt collection agency but it ended up being too much?
LIFE LESSON FOR EVERYONE: When dealing with a debt collection agency, everything needs to be in writing, and sent through certified mail. For you, they like to bark up a storm about taking you to court. Call their bluff: Send them a letter by certified mail asking them the details of what you owe them.
Dervla Originally Answered: Can they do this?! I agreed to pay $300 a month to a debt collection agency but it ended up being too much?
Collection agencies can sue when you're paying, and they are suing now because they feel that you have broken the agreement with them. When you agreed...did you agree in writing? If so, then you should be careful. If they sue you, they could sue you for a breach of contract. On the other hand...don't be scared by the word lawsuit. Collection agencies like to drop that word all the time. But I will tell you this, lawsuits are expensive to file, and considering that you are only paying $50 a month, is it worth the cost to file a lawsuit to compel you to pay about $25 a month? I would say not. In order for a debt collection agency to win an award in court, they have to prove that you own the debt. Did you validate the debt with the collection agency? Even if you KNOW the debt is yours, unless the collection agency can prove to you that it is yours with supporting documents (which often they don't have), it will be a complex and costly affair to get a judgment. So, if they do sue you, here's some helpful hints: -Don't ignore the summons and complaint from the court. -File for an extension to file your answer with the court. Most states allow 20-30 days to file a response. An extension will usually net you an additional 20-30 days so then you would have 40-60 days to file your answer. -Write a good answer that totally rebuts whatever they say in their complaint. It's not hard to do. Most lawyers will charge a modest fee to coach you in writing an answer to a complaint filed against you. -Engage in Discovery. Discovery is where you ask the other side to cough up documents and answer questions under oath before going to court. Lawyers HATE discovery and they hate it more when a non-lawyer does it. You can 'Request the production of documents' such as the WRITTEN agreement between you and them that you agreed to pay $300 a month, the contract showing that they own your debt and bought it from your original creditor, the signed credit agreement between you and the original creditor and so forth. You can also submit Interrogatories, a series of questions that they have to answer. All of this takes time, and if you do all this after being sued, it will suck up a ton of lawyer time which means $$ it will cost the collection agency. In most states, collection agencies cannot sue -- it is prohibited by their collection agency license. They have to hire legal counsel to sue you and cannot appear in court except when subpoenaed or to provide evidence in a case. I was sued twice by collection agency, and I just filed all the papers and did everything that I described and both cases were voluntary dismissed by them. If you make it too costly for them, they're going to quit. In your current situation, one suggestion might be that you write a letter to them, certified/return receipt asking them for a new payment agreement. Also, stop communicating with them over the phone. Phone communications won't help you if you go to court since you won't be able to prove anything. Stick to sending letters and see what happens. You might even try sending a debt validation request, saying something like "Even though I made some initial payments, I now have doubts over the validity of this debt and would request that you verify it, pursuant of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act" or something like that. You can find a sample validation letter here: http://overcomingyourdebt.blogspot.com Good luck. I hope I didn't give you too much information. I've been in your shoes, and it sucks. The more you know about the law, the better off you'll be.
Dervla Originally Answered: Can they do this?! I agreed to pay $300 a month to a debt collection agency but it ended up being too much?
First, it depends if you had the original 300/month agreement in writing. If you signed something to that effect, it changes things a bit. Assuming you just agreed over the phone to this arrangement, as long as it has not been more than 30 days since your last payment, you cannot be sued for a debt that you owe. According to the FDCPA, a collector can only threaten legal action if they have 1)Ability-your account meets the requirements for a suit in your state 2)Intention-the company actually intends to sue you

Cameron Cameron
It's gonna end up costing more two, three times after it's paid off. Take your DC powershot and enjoy the trip--but don't get into debt for it.
👍 40 | 👎 3

Cameron Originally Answered: Paying off old, small debt?
When a credit card is charged-off as bad debt (which is what happened in your case), you need to understand that the damage to your credit is already done and there is no undoing it. Don’t make the mistake of simply cutting a check to whatever collection agency has the debt for the charge-off and assume that your credit rating will be magically restored...Doing so will not remove it from your credit reports. It will simply be updated to a "Paid Charge-Off," which, while slightly better, is still a seriously derogatory item. Per the Fair Credit Reporting Act, a charge-off, whether paid or not, can remain on a consumer's credit reports for up to seven years - Are you actually dealing with CapitalOne? I'm guessing that you are dealing with a 3rd party collection agency. Paying nearly $100 a month for 6 months is a lot to pay on an old charge off and you will STILL have horrible credit anyway as the charge-off notation stays for 7 years from the date of default....even if you pay the entire amount back in full - CapitalOne and affiliated collection agencies are well known to be highly aggressive and they sue over small dollar amounts like this. Honestly, unless there is a confirmed legal action pending on this debt....you might want to think about ignoring them. - If you decide to pay them anyway, then $600 is WAY too much to pay to have ruined credit anyway....Offer $200 as a settlement. - Get all terms of any settlement deal you reach with debt collectors IN WRITING BEFORE you give them your money. This letter should state the settlement amount and that the account will be settled/paid in full upon receipt of this amount from you. Never accept settlement deals over the phone that are not backed up in written terms. If you don’t, the debt collectors will deny that any settlement was ever made once they get your “settlement” money and will come back demanding more money from you. - NEVER give out your checking account/bank routing numbers to debt collectors for making electronic debit payments. This is like giving the keys to your front door to a burglar. Once they have this info they can attempt to withdraw any amount from your checking account at any time. Pay only via USPS money orders. - Debt collectors love to create a false sense of urgency...If they’ve waited months/years for your payment, they can wait one or two weeks for any payment or settlement agreement from you. Any “deadline” like 5PM to get any payment to them is bogus. - Debt collectors love nothing more than to pretend to be (or represent) attorneys when this is not the case to scare people into paying them. This is a violation of federal law. If they threaten you with a lawsuit/legal action, then ask for their attorney’s full name and license number in the state bar association. Call your state bar association to confirm this info. If they refuse to give this info to you, then the legal threat is probably a bluff.
Cameron Originally Answered: Paying off old, small debt?
In all honesty, your best bet would be to pay the entire $900 balance on Cap One with a pay for delete agreement. This would get it off your credit bureau record like it was never there. Other than that, payments vs. lump sum is irrelevant - you are going to get dinged either way. (Same with AmEg)

If you have your own answer to the question best buy case study, then you can write your own version, using the form below for an extended answer.