Speaker makes buzzing sound when i turn it on?

Speaker makes buzzing sound when i turn it on? Topic: Make a case seen on tv
July 17, 2019 / By Bevin
Question: This is a two speaker set from genius bought during 2003ish.... worked fine...until suddenly it started to make a buzzing sound like a tv on static... On another note, please dont tell me to replace it.... i will prolly end up doing it but wud like to see if i can solve this problem...i do have two other sound hi fi systems but those are connected to my home theatre....(which is kind of a family thing since we watch movies on it together).... For my pc, i prefer using two speaker systems coz it doesnt disturb other people of the household....
Best Answer

Best Answers: Speaker makes buzzing sound when i turn it on?

Ailene Ailene | 2 days ago
Okay, first, be sure it is your speaker. Haul the buzzing unit out to another hi fi system and hook it up. If the buzz is still there, it is for certain the speaker, not the wiring shorting out or the amp you had it hooked to. Lets say it is the speaker once you test it. generally this would mean a bad driver. You can check this if the drivers are cones, by gently puting your hand on each one in turn, and finding the one that is causing the buzz. If you have muffled a buzz, you may have your hand on the problem. listen close by putting your ear at each driver, to make sure the odd sound isn't pervasive. although the sound will travel through the box, you should be able to discern weather the driver itself is stroking out, or if the sound is just penetrating the box from elsewhere. There are obviously other ways of doing this if you are handy, and you will have to be to fix it anyway, because the solution is going to require you to unscrew and remove the bad speaker cone and replace it. You can check the wire connections to the bad sounding cone while your fiddling around in the box, maybe a connector came loose and that is causing the problem. as long as your head is inside the box, look at the crossover. most speakers have a capacitor or two that shoves the right sound to the right cone. better ones also have a microhenry coil to keep signals that are to high from invading your bass driver (the biggest cone) . a bad cap will look a bit bloated up, bulged out, or even blown up and leaking. the coil is usually just a coil of wire wrapped around a form, or an iorn core. if any of that stuff looks funny to you, jot down the the millihenry rating of the coil, or the microfarad rating of the cap, and get ye to radioshack and get new ones to solder in. If it is one of the drivers (the speaker cone assemblies) ,try to get a good match, usually from a online replacement part supplier. youll want one of the same ohm rating, with the same fs number etc. the same free air resonance, and about the same magnet size, at the very least. As not all this info is on the cone (driver), your best bet is to ask for the replacement speaker by model , size, manufacturer, so forth. There are ways to get the info sheets for the speakers, or test them for the three vial numbers that mean you have a good match, but you are not going there, so just ask. if your luck holds, a replacement will get found. But lets say the speaker works fine connected to a second system. Check you speaker wires right from the terminals all the way to the speaker connectors the connections should be solid , unfrayed, and not touching each other. there should be no breaks in the run of the wires. Onto your amp, then. Same principle here. connect a known good speaker to the amp, and see if it goes funny. Keep the volume low, and your hand on the off switch though, just in case its worse than you think. If it is the amplifier (receiver, all in one dvd playing box, whatever it is you have. try several sources, another words try the radio, then the dvd or cd or tape source, whatever. So now you know. Hey, the unit's radio is bad, the unit's tape player is bad, the dvd isnt working right, nothing works right, must just be the amp itself. Now do you fix the amp or replace it? repairs are usually expensive, you will find. It will be cheaper because you can now define for the repair person that it seems to involve the radio,or the dvd, or everything, but you will not like the estimate. Even if it was a speaker cone that needed to go, unless the unit takes a dirt cheap replacement, and you can do it yourself, you may not be camping happy.. Chances are, you are going to go out and just get something that works instead, but these are the basics, whew... .
👍 132 | 👎 2
Did you like the answer? Speaker makes buzzing sound when i turn it on? Share with your friends

We found more questions related to the topic: Make a case seen on tv

Ailene Originally Answered: Have read that can count my unborn child as a dependant on fasfa which in turn makes me independant status?
Just Not That is completely correct. If you plan on providing more than half of your child's support yourself (meaning clothing, food, housing, diapers, daycare, etc.) then you will be an independent student. If the government, your parents, or the child's father will be providing more than half the support (either individually or all put together), then you are still a dependent student and will need your parents information. You state that you're on WIC and will be on Medicaid, so you need to sit down and decide what support the government is giving, and what support you will be giving to your child. You will use your 2009 income information for the 2010-2011 fafsa application. Depending on when your summer sessions start, you may need to fill out a 2009-2010 application as well (with 2008 taxes). Don't count on loans to pay living expenses -- you will get yourself into trouble quickly. Use loans only if you must to cover your tuition and book costs. You need to continue working in order to pay your living expenses. You do not want to leave college with $50,000 in loan debt and have to figure out how to make a $700/month student loan payment when you're still only making $10/hour. I am completely for a college degree, just realize that it doesn't mean it will immediately get you a great job (especially in this economy). Look for used baby items at yard sales and thrift shops (except the car seat - get that new). Ask friends or family members who have recently had babies if they have any clothes or items that they would like to donate to you. Find a place that you can afford to rent (even if it's a 1 bedroom) and get renter's insurance (to protect you if something should happen -- it's cheap). Good luck to you. It will be extremely difficult to work, go to school, and care for you child as a single mother -- I've been doing it for years, so this is experience talking. You will probably only be able to go to school part-time once the baby is born (since you'll need to work full-time), and I would plan on taking off at least 1 semester after your child is born. You'll need this time to get used to motherhood (and sleep deprivation) and to get back to work and on schedule. Make sure to get a child support order as quickly as possible. Since you're on Medicaid, the state will automatically seek a child support order, but it can take as long as a year (and that first year is expensive!).
Ailene Originally Answered: Have read that can count my unborn child as a dependant on fasfa which in turn makes me independant status?
When you answer YES to the question on the fafsa that asks something to the effect of: "Do you have children who receive more than half of their support from you?" it will classify you as an independent student with no parent info required. Yes, you can include your unborn child in "number in household" on your fafsa if you will be providing more than half of its support. You need to make sure you don't list an extra person in the "Number of exemptions" question. Put the number of exemptions exactly as it appears on your tax forms. (no child that year, no exemption). Note the reference you quoted say you "MAY" be an independent student because you are pregnant. It doesn't say you WILL because every students situation is different. I know a Fin Aid Director that WOULD allow the pregnant (under 24 year old, unmarried girl) to include the unborn baby in the number of the household... but it wasn't HER household she had to report, it was her parents household!! With her parents income listed. How your situation is handled will depend on the policy at the school and your current situation. Be prepared for your fafsa to be selected for "Verification". Which means yes, you will be requested to turn in certain documents to the school proving the information on your fafsa is correct. (Although I'm not sure why you would want to turn in WIC papers.... if you aren't/can't fully support YOURSELF, how is showing that proving you are going to support a new baby? Are you living with your parents? Do they provide you with support? Health insurance?)) Again, if you aren't providing your OWN support, your fafsa will be scrutinized to see if you will be able to support someone else when they arrive. They will require you to turn in your tax forms, W2 forms and other documents as well. They will likely give you a "low income worksheet" to fill out and turn in. Be sure you turn in all paperwork to the school quickly. They will not issue you any aid without ever thing complete. Some schools will use the 09-10 fafsa (using your 2008 income) to determine your aid eligibility for the summer. Some schools will use the 10-11 fafsa (using your 2009 income) to determine your aid eligibility. The only way to know for sure is to call the school and ask. You know for SURE you will need to do the 10-11 one anyway so you might as well get started on that one now. Loans are a bad idea. You don't take out loans because you need a place to live. Loans are sent directly to your school where your tuition and fees and book charges are used against it. IF (and that is a big IF) you have any money left over you don't get the extra until a month or more AFTER the semester has started. Starting a family is a HUGE transition in your life. I have seen many women do this and 99% of the time it ends like this: You drop out half way in the middle of the semester because you don't realize how little SLEEP you get with a newborn. Then you are stuck with loans for a semester you didn't even finish. Worse yet, you didn't complete enough of the semester to "earn" all your financial aid. Meaning the school had to send the grant and the loan money back that paid your tuition..... leaving you not only with a debt to the lender, but a debt with the school. For a semester you didn't even finish.!! I usually see you three or four years later when the baby is ready to start school but the mom can't get enrolled again because she owes the school and they are withholding her transcripts and is now also defaulted on the student loan she took out. All for a bad decision made 4 years ago. Starting college when she wasn't ready. Wait until after the baby is born and is at least 6 months old before you go jumping into anything. Again, student loans and grants were not put in place to give you a stable living environment. You are suppose to be stable BEFORE you start school. This will make sure you graduate and don't end up a statistic.
Ailene Originally Answered: Have read that can count my unborn child as a dependant on fasfa which in turn makes me independant status?
if she really is unfit to be a parent then it will be much easier to give your child your last name, but it's a lengthy process and your child's birth certificate will become a two maybe even a three page document. You can not force her to give the baby your last name, she could decide it's last name is poop and you couldn't change that. But if you are going to get custody, first since she isn't letting you onto the birth certificate you will need to file a petition to establish paternity. Once your paternity has been established you can begin to go through the process of getting custody. If you end up with sole custody then you will have the power and the rights to change your child's last name. If she really is unfit to be a parent then try to get custody, however if this is just a problem between you two think about your child, if you really care this much about your child then you shouldn't rip it away from it's mom. However you can still file your petition for paternity and once it's established get a court order for what's called reasonable visitation. You would get your child every other weekend and every other holiday basically. You however would not be able to change it's name. Perhaps if you try communicating with the mother more you could try a comprimise such as hyphenating both your last names, or like I did with my son I just gave him two last names with no hyphenation so that he can choose which he wants when he's older.

Tod Tod
the thrill is 60 cycle line present day. that's some how stepping into your gadget. attempt disconnecting all inputs and outputs. See if the thrill is interior the headphones. Then connect one speaker at a time seeing if the thrill comes back after each. Then artwork your way for the duration of the inputs. the point of this workout is to isolate what's injecting the 60 cycle.
👍 50 | 👎 -2

Tod Originally Answered: My laptop's fan makes a scraping sound when it first starts up?
I will be happy to help you with this! It sounds like this fan needs cleaned. If you can, open up the laptop as far as you can (follow a service manual if you have one, give me the computer model and I can try and find one for you) Then use compressed air to blow out the fan and the entire laptop case. Also look for other random objects that might be getting too close to the fan. I hope this helps!
Tod Originally Answered: My laptop's fan makes a scraping sound when it first starts up?
There are two possible causes I can think of: it may be rubbing against something that gets blown out of the way when the fan comes up to speed; or it the fan blades might be loose and scraping against the case until centrifugal force moves them into the correct position. Either way, it may be time for a qualified technician to replace the fan. So long as the fan is quiet once it gets up to speed, you might be just fine and dandy. But if there's a problem, it's going to get worse eventually. You might want to get it fixed on your schedule, coz if you wait, the machine is not going consult you for a convenient time to break down.

If you have your own answer to the question make a case seen on tv, then you can write your own version, using the form below for an extended answer.