Traveling to germany with my child?

Traveling to germany with my child? Topic: child writing paper
July 17, 2019 / By Melva
Question: I'm planning on going back home(germany) to visit my family in 2 weeks. Im taking my daughter shes 15 months. the father is not going me and him arent together. what kind of document -permission from him- do i need to go???? thanks Im 100% german i was born and raised there. I also already have a passport for my child. I'll just get some kind of writing just in case
Best Answer

Best Answers: Traveling to germany with my child?

Leigh Leigh | 6 days ago
If your child has a german passport and you have a ticket to come back I don't think you have a problem.If you have divorce-paper that say you can't remove this child with out your ex-husband ok then you have a problem if he calls the police after you left you going to be arrestet for kidnapping , any other way you are going to be fine. If I would be you write the father a letter let him know when you are leaving and coming back and where you are going to be with address and phonenumbers,make a copie of it ,keep the copie(on you while you travel) and send him the letter.Make also a copie of the ticket (s).I wish you a nice trip back home,enjoy your self.Good Luck.
👍 120 | 👎 6
Did you like the answer? Traveling to germany with my child? Share with your friends

We found more questions related to the topic: child writing paper

Leigh Originally Answered: If you are traveling with an infant under 2, do they ask for birth certificate if child looks like they are 2?
Not a good idea! This is taking a big risk. I was a Flight Attendant for 13 years and once we did have a mom with her just-turned 2 child. She didn't speak English and the child had turned two on the trip. We felt sorry for her and the ground staff quickly arranged a seat for her son and we were lucky there was no FAA inspector or supervisor on board that day. It was obvious she wasn't out to save any money. The "burden of proof" is on you to prove that your child is under 2 so you would need either forged documents or some other child's to get away with this. Either that or take your chances that the check-in staff AND the flight crew don't ask on BOTH directions. If you can't prove that she's under 2, you risk either being removed from the flight entirely or being slapped with a full fare, one-way ticket and those are expensive. About 8 years ago I wrote an article on flying with children and I'm contacted by parents who have run into problems. One woman was flying for a family emergency and simply wasn't thinking. No one noticed on the way over but she was removed from the flight on the way back and was forced to drive home. Children on laps are allowed up to their 2nd birthday but it actually isn't safe. There is very little chance of anything going wrong since air travel is so safe but if it does, these children are not protected. The only way to fly safely is to have the child is her own seat with her car seat (or CARES harness) on board. Two year olds don't fit airplane seatbelts very well. This is not my personal opinion but fact, backed by both the FAA and the AAP; http://www.faa.gov/passengers/fly_childr... http://www.aap.org/patiented/flyingbaby.... For more information on getting your car seat through the airport and other tips that will make your flight easier and more comfortable, feel free to visit (totally non-commerical); http://flyingwithchildren.blogspot.com My contact info is at the back. Good luck and have a safe flight!
Leigh Originally Answered: If you are traveling with an infant under 2, do they ask for birth certificate if child looks like they are 2?
If you are flying around the US then you will not need a passport, but you will need your daughters birth certificate to prove she is under 2. My daughter was 3 months old and they still asked for her birth certificate to check her identification (she obviously wasn't 2). I think this is for security reasons and to make sure the child was mine and I wasn't kidnapping her. Bring a birth certificate and you won't have any problems. Better yet, get her a passport and you won't have anything to worry about because her picture is on it too!

Joni Joni
That fully depends on your nationality and the national law. Germany accepts children up to 18 years traveling on the passport of their parents if their national law allows them to do so. Your question cannot be answered correctly without knowing your nationality, however special permission or documentation from the father of your daughter is not required to go to Germany.
👍 40 | 👎 4

Genevieve Genevieve
Your daughter will need a passport, which requires the signature of both parents. Germany does not require a signed permission from the absent parent, but it is wise to have one from him.
👍 35 | 👎 2

Genevieve Originally Answered: How do we obtain a birth certificate from Germany for a child of US ARMY parent?
http://www.travel.state.gov/family/famil... Documentation of U.S. Citizens Born Abroad Documentation of United States Citizens Born Abroad Who Acquire Citizenship At Birth DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE Consular Report of Birth (FS-240) On November 1, 1990, the Department of State ceased issuing multiple copies of the Consular Report of Birth (FS-240). As of that date, a new format for the FS-240 went into effect. All previously issued FS-240s are acceptable proof of U.S. citizenship (Public Law 97-241 - Aug. 24, 1982). To obtain a replacement for a lost or mutilated document, please submit a notarized written request including the original FS-240 or a notarized affidavit concerning the loss of the FS-240 and a $30 fee, payable to the “Department of State.” Mail it to the address below. The affidavit must contain the: 1) name, (2) date, and (3) place of birth of the subject; (4) a statement regarding the whereabouts of the original FS-240; and (5) be signed by the subject, parent, or legal representative. Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350) If the birth was recorded in the form of a Consular Report of Birth, a Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350) can be issued in multiple copies. The DS-1350 contains the same information as that on the new format Consular Report of Birth and is acceptable for all legal purposes. The DS-1350 is not issued overseas and can be obtained only by writing to the address below. AMENDING/CORRECTING THE CONSULAR REPORT OF BIRTH To amend or correct a Consular Report of Birth, submit a written request - accompanied by certified copies of all documents appropriate for effecting the change (e.g., foreign birth certificate, marriage certificate, court ordered adoption or name change, birth certificates of the adopting or legitimating parents, affidavits, etc.). The original FS-240 or replacement FS-240, or a notarized affidavit concerning its whereabouts, also must be included. OBTAINING COPIES OF THE FS-240, DS-1350, AND PANAMA CANAL ZONE BIRTH CERTIFICATES The DS-1350 or a replacement FS-240 can be obtained by writing to: Vital Records Section Passport Services 1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 510 Washington, D.C. 20522-1705 A written request must be notarized and must include a copy of valid photo identification of the requester. The written request must include: (1) full name of child at birth (plus any adoptive names) (2) date and place of birth (3) names of parents (4) serial number, if known, of the FS-240 (on those issued after November 1, 1990) if known (5) any available passport information (6) signature of requester and (7) notarized affidavit for a replacement FS-240 (if applicable). Note: For Panama Canal Zone (PCZ) birth certificates, just include items (1) through (3). The fee for an FS-240 is $30. The fees for DS-1350 and PCZ certificates are $30 for the first copy, $20 each additional copy . Make check or bank draft drawn on a bank in the United States, or money order, payable to the "Department of State." The Department will assume no responsibility for cash lost in the mail. Documents will be provided to the person who is the subject of the Report of Birth, the subject’s parents, the subject’s legal guardian, authorized government agency, or a person who submits written authorization from the subject of the Report of Birth. Good Luck :)

If you have your own answer to the question child writing paper, then you can write your own version, using the form below for an extended answer.